The early Jains left the shores of India and arrived at Mombasa by dhows. The first Ghar Derasar was established on Rogers Road (Old Town) in 1916 having a panch dhatu idol of Shree Parsvanath Bhagwan as the main idol. Devji Kara established Svetamber Deravasi Jain Sangh in 1922. On 24 January 1924 murti of Lord Chintamani Parsvanath was consecrated in a temple which was later transferred in 1938 to a small domed temple.
In 1946 the community decided to build a Shikhar bandhi temple. In 1951, Shree Karsandas Bhagwanji Seth went to India to bring Anjanshalaka murtis of Parsvanath Bhagwan, Adeshwar Bhagwan and Mahaveerswami Bhagwan which was initially installed in a ghar derasar and later transferred to the current temple. In 1952, Shree Meghji Sojpar Dhanani went to India and met the Trustees of Anandji Kalyanji Pedhi who donated Rupees 50,000 to build the first grand Shikharbhandi temple outside India.
Mistry Vishram Devshi commenced the construction of the new temple on 10 February 1960. The pratistha mahotsava (consecration ceremony) of the magnificent new, white edificed temple was between 17-18 July 1963. A library and pathshala were also built within the temple complex.
On 15th October 2022 there was a grand program to celebrate 60 years of the temple. Click the link to watch the program
2. Jain Digest
3. Rise and Glory History of Halari Visa Oshwals by Rati Dodhia
4. INDIAN BUSINESSMEN IN KENYA DURING THE TWENTIETH CENTURY: A CASE STUDY
5. Anjan Shalaka Pran Pratistha Ceremony by Pravinbhai Shah
6. Historical information by Chairman of the Mombasa Jain Deravasi Sangh.